Pages

Monday, February 23, 2015

Ember by Rachel Van Dyken

23269850I am a Killer. A Rapist. A Monster.
I know only pain and survival.
That is until the Cappo's sister walked into my life.
And changed everything.

She's a light who makes my darkness darker, her smile makes my heart turn to ice, and I can't escape the fear her seductive looks instill--knowing it's only a matter of time before I fail--again, and take her for myself.
This is the story of my redemption.
But it's not pretty...I died, and now I'm alive, but not living, breathing but not surviving. I am Phoenix De Lange, son to a murdered mob boss, estranged brother, horrible friend, monster in the making, newest leader to one of the most powerful families in the Cosa Nostra.
And I will have my vengeance.
Or die trying.
I am Phoenix De Lange.
Death is all I know.
Until she offers me a piece of life--I can't resist taking.


My Thoughts on the Book

This is Phoenix's story and it is a great one.  We have known Phoenix since the beginning but like most of the boys we do not really know him.  I think Phoenix's story is one of the darkest ones and for a while I was having a hard time loving him.  But just like Bee breaks down his  wall the walls to love him fell for me too. This is a wonderful addition to the series.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment