Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

The King



17703290 























Long live the King…

After turning his back on the throne for centuries, Wrath, son of Wrath, finally assumed his father’s mantle--with the help of his beloved mate. But the crown sets heavily on his head. As the war with the Lessening Society rages on, and the threat from the Band of Bastards truly hits home, he is forced to make choices that put everything--and everyone--at risk.

Beth Randall thought she knew what she was getting into when she mated the last pure blooded vampire on the planet: An easy ride was not it. But when she decides she wants a child, she’s unprepared for Wrath’s response--or the distance it creates between them.

The question is, will true love win out... or tortured legacy take over?


My Thoughts on the Book


I seem to have a love hate relationship with these books. I loved the first 5 (yes even the 5th one) Hated #6 and have been ok with the rest. What I have hated with the rest has been the same for almost all of them. Too many story lines in one book that have nothing to do with the main plot of the book. I am all for setting up for future books but it does not have to be done will full chapters especially when they do not link to the main story in any way. It is the same with THE KING. I love love loved the Beth and Wrath story I really did and I was so happy with how all of that played out but I had to wade through so many other chapters to get there it was almost not worth it at times. I also thought we were going to solve the John/Darius issue is this book and there would have been a few places in the story it would have worked perfectly so I thought I liked the chapters with John in them ( ok I did, but) she did not address it and just left it hanging. I thought I was done with this series after the last one but when I saw that this book was going to be about Wrath and Beth I had to give the series another try. I am glad I did because I fell in love with Wrath all over again but I am not sure I want to continue with the book after this one. This would have been a 6 star book for me if she focused only on Wrath and Beth the the other plots that were link to them. The rest could have waited or been placed in novellas to set us up for the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment