Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

Forever Freed

11510390A heart can break, even one that no longer beats.

I stalk my new neighbors, a single mother and her child, drawn by the irresistible scent of their joy and love. I crave their blood, starved for some healing respite from my ancient grief. Now to lure them into my grasp.

But they surprise me. Little Olivia accepts me without fear or reservation—talking, smiling, offering innocent affection that tugs at my long-lost humanity. Her mother, Samantha, seeks me out when she should stay away, offering sweet friendship, and calling to the forgotten man within me. They lure me instead.

Ah, Dio, Lucien, run and spare them while you can…


My Thoughts on the Book

This is the second Laura Kaye book I have read but the first Vampire book from her that I have read ( so far) it was really a very beautiful story about finding love and the healing power of love.  The story is slow to start but once Sam and Lucien start to get to know each other the story is really great.  Sam has a daughter Ollie ( Olivia) and she is just a charmer and is someways brings Sam and Lucien together.  The vampires in this book are similar to the vampires in the twilight series but are less moody and don't sparkle! but other then how these vampires behave and feed the similarities stop there.  It is beautifully written, the characters are great and I look forward to reading all of Laura Kaye's books vampire and otherwise in the very near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment