Pages

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Slammed....Why Did I Wait!?????

13372690Following the unexpected death of her father, 18-year-old Layken is forced to be the rock for both her mother and younger brother. Outwardly, she appears resilient and tenacious, but inwardly, she's losing hope.

Enter Will Cooper: The attractive, 21-year-old new neighbor with an intriguing passion for slam poetry and a unique sense of humor. Within days of their introduction, Will and Layken form an intense emotional connection, leaving Layken with a renewed sense of hope.

Not long after an intense, heart-stopping first date, they are slammed to the core when a shocking revelation forces their new relationship to a sudden halt. Daily interactions become impossibly painful as they struggle to find a balance between the feelings that pull them together, and the secret that keeps them apart.


My thoughts on the Book


Why Did I wait???? If Colleen Hoover was not on your auto buy after Hopeless/ Losing Hope she will be after Slammed! This book was amazing and just like Finding Cinderella there is a twist that changes everything and Colleen is great and giving us twists that we do not expect and I love that! This books is sweet, charming and heart wrenching and I loved every minute of it. I also "read" this book as an audio book which I rarely do, I like to "reread" books I love in audio but I usually find it hard to follow first reads books in audio, this is a happy exception. The books has slam poetry in it and listening to it really makes it come to life and makes the impact of the book on you even greater. But even if you don't like audio books this is a book everyone should read!

No comments:

Post a Comment