Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Between the pissed off creatures that want demon-hunter Lily Marks dead and the fallen angel who just...wants her, Lily is about ready to trade in forever for a comfy job in a cubicle farm. The fact that she and Julian are civil to one another is enough to have her thrown out of the Sanctuary, but she can't shake her not-so-angelic stalker or how he brings her dangerously close to ecstasy. Her forbidden relationship with Julian provides the perfect fuel for suspicion when a traitor is discovered to be working within the Sanctuary. Lily quickly finds herself hunted by well, everyone. Her only hope is to discover the real traitor before she loses everything--and she'll need Julian's help. That is, if Julian is really there to help her...and not destroy her. Yeah, being a Nephilim isn't everything it's cracked up to be.

My Thoughts on the Book

 I liked this but I did not love it, which is really hard for me to say as I am such a fan of Jennifer Armentrout's books. This book for me was good but missing the great chemistry between the characters and character development I have seen in her other books. Julian was flat to me and I wanted more of Michael at first.  I also felt there were just too many story lines going on for a first book of a series. BUT and this is a big BUT, the last few chapters really redeemed the book for me and I was so happy about that!  I will be reading the next book in the series, One, because I love Jennifer's books and two, because the last few chapters finally hooked me. 3.75 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment